TABridge Webinar 2: The Role of Strategy in Building Technology Capacity
Date: 31 July 2012, 14:00 – 15:00 BST
Far too often, the process of building technology capacity within organizations and across networks focuses on… technology. However attempts to use technology to support and magnify transparency and accountability efforts cannot realize their objectives if they are not grounded within a larger strategic framework, which should in turn be based on an articulated theory of change. Integral to this theory of change is existing geopolitical structures and traditional government actors and elites.
In this webinar, TABridge partners, the Transparency Policy Project from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government will offer insights, examples and best practices on ways to think strategically in applying technology to efforts in the transparency and accountability sector. Participants will explore a series of steps to take and questions to ask in designing and implementing effective strategies, as well as ways in which to measure whether or not strategies are achieving their desired objectives. The final phase of the webinar will be an open forum to answer questions and discuss any specific strategy challenges participants may be encountering, with all those present encouraged to share experiences, successes, and challenges.
- When: Tuesday 31st July 2012, 14:00 – 15:00 BST (UTC+1 or 09:00 EST)
- How to Join: View the webinar on Readytalk platform and listen in tandem to the conference call. We are using two systems in parallel to ensure anyone can join regardless of bandwidth.
- Webinar link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/mwbolvm1ixua
- Conference call: Find your country dial-in code here. The participant code once you connect is 8240897#
- Register via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name and organisation and we’ll send you the access details. Please indicate “Register for TA Bridge Webinar 2″ in your message.