Call for Participants
Are you interested in getting some advice on overcoming challenges in implementing technology projects? Or would you like to share your own learnings?
As part of our 2013 mentoring initiative, we are happy to announce a call for participants for our Open Mentoring Sessions. These sessions are being designed to provide accessible knowledge and advice to individuals and organisations making strategic use of technology in their transparency and accountability efforts.
Topics for these sessions will include:
- Acquiring and analysing open data
- Mobile communication and outreach strategies
- Improving and evaluating online communication strategies
- Social media best practices
- Security and privacy practices
- Software design and development
- Technology project management
- Engaging citizens in data collection and crowdsourcing
- Ad hoc requests – have a strategic technology need not listed above? Let us know and we’ll see if we can match it. No promises, but it never hurts to ask.
Each open mentoring session will convene experienced practitioners in a specific knowledge domain to address the specific questions, needs and challenges of those present on the call. These sessions will be delivered as conference calls where participants will be invited to share challenges they are facing and receive input and suggestions from both call facilitators and peers. While we can not guarantee mentoring for all respondents, we will try to address as many requests as possible through this process.
If you are interested in serving in a mentor role on any of these calls, feel free to be in touch and let us know more about your interests and experience.
Open Mentoring Sessions will be scheduled based on demand and mentor availability, starting in September.
The TABridge Program employs collaborative approaches to learning in order to build strategic technology capacity for NGOs working in the fields of transparency and accountability.
To request participation in this mentoring, or for questions and more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.